Travel Tips for Indian
Visa is not required for Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian Tourist. But they are required to carry following valid ‘Travel Documents’ (both original and copy):
- Voter card / passport having validity of minimum 6 months and
- Birth certificate and school identity card / college identity card for Minor and
- Couple of passport size photo
All documents must be original and photocopy of it will not be considered a valid document during travel.
For issuing the tickets we need the scan copy of above mentioned documents. Please send us the scan copies at the time of booking only.
Indian tourists traveling via Non-Indian sectors (Kathmandu /Bangkok/ Singapore/ Dhaka, etc…) valid passport is must.
Indians coming to Bhutan by road are required to obtain an ‘Entry Permit’ on the basis of valid Travel Document from the Immigration Office of Royal Government of Bhutan at Phuentsholing, located on the Indo-Bhutan border opposite Jaigaon, West Bengal. Similarly, Indians coming by air must possess any one of the above mentioned Travel Document and get the Entry Permit at the Paro International Airport. The ‘entry permit’ allows an Indian tourist to visit Phuntsholing, Thimphu and Paro only.
Any tourist going beyond Thimphu and Paro need to acquire a ‘special area permit’ from the RGoB Immigration Office at Thimphu. The Route Permit is processed & issued in Thimphu, only after arrival in Bhutan and on producing Entry Permit which travellers obtain on arrival. Two copies of passport size photos required while processing Route Permit. Also this permit can be processed only during working days (Mon-Fri) and applications are accepted from 9-11 a.m and permit granted on same day from 3-5 p.m in summer and 3-.4 p.m in winter.
Department of Immigration Office Thimphu is Closed on Saturday, Sunday & National Holidays. It may remain closed without prior Notice & immediate declaration of Holidays as well.
If there will be problem for processing permit due to Net failure, server slow etc… (It happens rarely), then we will not be responsible for that. In this case, We Will Take You In Chaelella Pass In The Same Cost replacement of Punakha and Douchulla.
The following points are to be noted for Child rate:
Children above 10+ years will be charged 100% as per Adult rate
Children of 5+ to 10 sharing parent’s room will be charged – 75%
Children below 5 years – 50%
Hotels are very strict with the child policy; please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked.
To manage our reservation system effectively & to increase the occupancy of the hotel & to evade ourselves from the fictitious rooms blocking, the following terms & condition will be observed strictly:
Hotel Room Rates are subjected to change without prior notice, please check with us 1 month before arrival of your guests. Room rates change does not apply on your booking if you have made advance payment.
Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
Guarantee of the room’s reservation & booking is subject to the realization of the advance payment.
We have mentioned the indicative names of the Hotels for each tour. We reserve the right to change the same due to unavoidable circumstances. In that case we may provide alternative, similar accommodation for which we are not liable to pay any refund.
Extra mattress on floor will be provided where proper extra bed isn’t available.
A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/extra bed.
We will provide only breakfast in last day of tour.
The vehicle used is AC/NAC and is available for point to point service only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary.
For the comfort and convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes reverse the direction, or slightly amend the itinerary. We will try to advise you of these amendments, prior to the start of the tour or on tour. In the event that a tour participant misses on any part of the sightseeing tour or any such tour due to delay on his part, he will not be entitled to claim refund of the same.
American Plan (AP) – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Modified American Plan (MAP) – Breakfast and Dinner
Continental Plan (CP) – Breakfast
Please note Cancellation / Amendment request needs to reach us in writing.
Any amendment received after booking will be treated as cancellation.
The Cancellation policy is as follows:
Before 45 Days from the date of journey – No Charges
Within 31 to 45 Days from the date of journey – 25 % Cancellation Charge within total Packages cost
Within 20 to 30 days from the date of journey – 50 % Cancellation Charge within total amount of the package cost.
Within 15 to 19 days from the date of journey – 75 % Cancellation Charge within total amount of the package cost.
Less than 15 days from the date of journey – Full Cancellation charge or No Refund
Flight Cancellation Policy: (Documentation charge US$ 50)
* 70% refund for cancellation made before 31 days of travel date (Documentation charge applicable)
* 40% refund for cancellation made before 20 days of travel date (Documentation charge applicable)
* NO refund for cancellation made less than 20 days and after travel date
A transfer from one tour to another of the originally booked tour will be treated as a cancellation on that tour, thereby attracting the cancellation charges as stated in these terms and a fresh booking on another.
You will have to deposit 25% of tour cost and full amount of airlines cost in my account at the booking confirmation time. And the balance full payment should be made at least 15 days prior to departure.
The booking will be confirmed only after we receive 25% of the tour cost as advance.
The full payment must be received within 15 days prior to departure. If not paid in that time, the company reserves the right to cancel the booking with consequent loss of deposit and apply scale of cancellation charges as mentioned in the cancellation policy.
For bookings less than 15 days prior to date of departure, full money is to be paid at the time of booking.
You can make your tour payment to Bhutan via bank transfer. We will provide full information on remittance of tour payment when you are ready to make the payment. If you are unfamiliar with wire transfers, please visit your bank in person with the transfer details and they will be able to assist in making the payment. Do send us the money remittance copy once the payment is transferred. Our services are confirmed subject to advance payment only.
Booking Terms & Conditions:
Our company is not liable to the client for:
- Any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of machinery or equipments, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any unavoidable circumstances beyond our control.
- Any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- Similarly any damages caused to the hotel rooms/ coach/ public properties, etc… during your stay, shall be payable by the Clients and the Company will not be liable for the same.
- The guide and driver are bound by specific rules like maximum working hours within a day/during a week, rest period per day/week etc. Clients will have to strictly adhere to the prescribed timetable for the day so that the driver and guide can complete the travel. In case, any of the sightseeing schedules is missed due to delays caused by the client, the same will not be refunded to the client under any circumstances.
- The client will have to strictly follow the Tour Program. There shall be no refund, if the client fails to join the group at the commencement of the tour, or joins the group later or leaves the group before culmination of the tour. It shall be noted that for all purposes, it shall be the responsibility of the Client to reach the place of commencement of the Tour and register with the representative of the Company at the appointed place, date and time.